Participation in VADIMO youth exchange
28 youngsters of eighteen to twenty-five years old and 7 group leaders from Programme
countries (Cyprus, Romania, Italy, Slovakia, Lithuania, Bulgaria and Spain).
Participants from CY: Team leader: Javier Esteban. Youngsters: Aydin Berkin, Serife Ebeler, Cengiz Bereket, Pantelis Petrou
Description of the project:
The aim of VADIMO youth exchange is to provide a lived experience of diversity to youngsters from around Europe by a) living together in a fully inclusive intercultural environment and b) engaging in universally designed physical activities.
This project will educate in diversity with a view to preventing and addressing social problems such as racism, homophobia and/or social exclusion of people with fewer opportunities such as people with functional diversity or neurodiversity.
The main objectives of this project are to:
- Recognise diversity through recreational physical activity and in everyday life activities
- Share realities and understand another country's cultures
- Gain interpersonal skills and competences
- Exchange experiences and knowledge about inclusive physical activities
- Raise awareness about interdependence of people
- Promote active lifestyles regardless level of ability
- Inclusive games Lab
- Outdoor Activities
- Body expression & theatre
- Personal development (ioga, meditation)
- Erasmus Plus programme / Youth pass
- Cultural activities in Barcelona